- Ready In:
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb shredded monterey jack cheese (I use mexican blend)
- 1 (20 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos (can use green chilies for milder)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degress C).
- In a bowl combine sour cream, onion, totatoes, refried beans, garlic and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Into a 9x13 pan pour a small amount of enchilada sauce to coat bottom of pan. Layer 6 tortillas on bottom of pan. Layer half of the cheese-sour cream mixture over the tortillas. Repeat this layer once more. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the final layer of tortillas. I ususally top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve. I serve with salad and crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This came out great! Pretty messy but very tasty. Used Jose Ole Enchilada sauce (medium), Amy's Organic Refried Beans, and a good dose of chunky diced tomatoes. It helps if you don't bake it so long (maybe 25 min instead of 30) so you can really taste the chunky tomatoes. With the crusty bread you suggested, this is QUITE a filling meal. Thank you.