Cheap & Deep Biscuit Dough Pizza
photo by bonitabanana
- Ready In:
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages biscuits (Buttermilk or Homestyle- your choice)
- 4 ounces pork sausage (Sage, Hot & Spicy or Italian- your choice)
- 4 ounces genoa salami (thin sliced is best!)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (stems and pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheese (Shredded Italian Cheese Blend or Pizza Blend)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced into wafer-thin slices
- Grease a 10 1/2" x 15" baking sheet with olive oil.
- Preheat your oven to 400F (or the temperature listed on your biscuits).
- Open the packages of biscuits and roll out each biscuit until it is about 1/4" thick. Lay the flat biscuits on the baking sheet and cover the entire bottom, making sure you have no gaps.
- Place the sheet into the oven for about 3 minutes to pre-bake the crust.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, and apply a coating of olive oil to the crust.
- Layer on 1/2 of the bag of shredded cheese.
- Open the Diced Tomatoes, put into a bowl and add the Tomato paste, and stir together. Spread on top of the cheese layer.
- Layer on the 4 ounces of the thin sliced Genoa Salami.
- Take the sausage and mix in the 2 tablespoons of Oregano and the 2 tablespoons of the Sweet Basil. Once mixed together (I mash this in my hands), place small pinches all over the pizza, and even on the salami.
- Layer on the Mushrooms.
- Take the Sliced Onion and spread around the pizza.
- Layer on the remaining cheese and any leftover goodies.
- Place the tray back into the oven for about 10-15 minutes, make sure the sausage is cooked. Due to oven variables, keep a close watch after 10 minutes!
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Growing up in the Midwest United States, in the Gateway City- St. Louis, left me with a love of food and cooking! Granted I had to teach myself to cook at an early age, but by watching my Grandmother a few times gave me some ideas! I am a retired military medic, with over 27 years of service; the only overseas place I've been to was Athens, Greece which was cool as I love Greek cuisine! As well as Asian, Indian, French, Italian, German, and Scottish!