Chateaubriand a La Maison
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce cognac
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 mushrooms, sliced (sauteed in following ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness.
- Put butter, salt, white pepper, cayenne, mustard, chopped parsley, sherry and Worcestershire sauce into a pan and heat.
- When butter has fully melted and sauce has been stirred, add the steak, pour over with the cognac and flambe.
- When cognac has burned off, remove the steak and cut into 3 slices per steak. Keep warm.
- Mix ketchup and whipping cream then fold in to the sauce along with the sauteed mushrooms. Stir well and bring to just under a boil.
- Plate the steak and pour sauce over. Serve with French fried potatoes and peas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!