photo by Dantana
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 fresh tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno (seeded if you don't like hot)
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 vidalia onion (I normally use white onion in this salsa, but this needs a sweet)
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 lime
- Slice tomato into half inch steaks (see picture).
- Wash and rinse tomatillos, keep them whole.
- Wash poblano pepper.
- Quarter onion with skin on.
- Grill all of these on all sides until blackened.
- Take the stem off the poblano.
- Take the charred outside of the onion off.
- Put it all in a food processor.
- Add the juice of one lime.
- Process in food processor and you have the best summer salsa money can buy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook! But I don't do the weekday cooking, that is done by my awesome wife. I cook on the weekends and especially on our 'cheat day'- meaning every Sunday as we adapt to this low carb life. We have been doing this for a while and we really love to get those heart-stopping, brain-freezing receipes that low carbers crave throught the week. </p> <p>Since the start of the year, I've lost 25 pounds and I'm hoping to lose more, but along the way I want to learn how to cheat really, REALLY good. Most of my cheat receipies come from here!</p>