Charlie's Award Winning Vegetarian Chili
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces diced no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 12 ounces light beer
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- in a large saucepan combine everything but yogurt.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and then add dollop of yogurt to the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">