Chard Wrapped Vegetarian Dolmades
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I am just jotting down ideas here. I will edit it once I have experimented.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups swiss chard (large whole fresh leaves, about10)
- 454 g Yve's veggie ground round (1 pkg)
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and destem the chard leaves; cut into roughly 5" pieces.
- Mix veggie ground round, spices, and cheese.
- Taste and adjust as you like.
- Bear in mind the rice will soak up some flavour and the broth will add salt and acidity. When you are happy, stir in the raw rice.
- Make little logs of filling on your chard leaves about 2" by 3/4".
- Roll up like an egg roll (log goes diagonal, fold in 3 sides and roll).
- Place seam side down in a large pot, pack in tightly. Make 2 layers if needed but you don't want them rattling around and unrolling.
- Cover with broth (you may not need all the broth, you may need more), and lemon juice.
- Cover and bring just to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove dolmades from liquid and serve with tzatziki.
- Serve broth on it's own or make into lemon drop soup if desired. Can also be used as the liquid for grains or frozen for future use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION