Char Siu Pork Pancakes
- Ready In:
8 Char siu pork pancakes
- Cut spring onions and cucumbers into 10m (4") long thin strips.
- Place pork and sauce in a small pan and cook, stirring, over a low heat until hot, and keep warm.
- Making the Pancakes:.Whisk the milk into the lightly beaten eggs; place the flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre of the flour and gradually whisk in the eggs and the milk, and seaon, to taste, with the salt and pepper.
- Cooking the Pancakes: Heat a lightly oiled 22cm/81/2", preferably heavy-based and non-stick, pan over a medium heat; pour 1/3 cup of the pancake batter into the pan and tilt the pan so that the batter is evenly spread across the base of the pan; cook until the pancake is lightly browned; turn the pancake over and cook for another 15 seonds; slide onto a plate and keep warm; repeat to make the remaining 7-8 pancakes.
- Serving the Pancakes: Serve the pancakes warm, either assembled on a serving platter, or on individual serving plates. Place a 1/4 cup of the pork mixture into the centre of each pancake, top with spring onions and cucumber and fold the pancake over the filling, so that the centre of the pancake serves as the base and contains the filling and about a quarter of the pancake on each side is folded over to enclose the filling.
- NOTE: Alternatively, you can serve the pancakes and fillings separately and allow people to assemble their own pancakes. In this case, you might want to prepare slightly more spring onion and cucumber so that it doesn't run out.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!