Char Siu Pork Corn and Bok Choy Stir Fry
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 600 g pork fillets, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely (add as many or as few seeds as you want.)
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 120 g baby corn, halved
- 300 g baby bok choy, chopped coarsley
- 50 g snow peas, trimmed
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons char siu sauce
- Heat 1 tabelspoon of oil in a wok and cook pork until browned all over, remove, set to one side.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok add onion, garlic and chili stir fry a couple of Min's until onion softens, add soy, lime juice and carrot stir fry 1 minute.
- Return pork to pan, stir fry 1 minute more, add bok choy, corn and char siu sauce, stir fry a couple of minutes, add peas and sprouts, stir fry until vegetables are just tender and heated through.
- To Serve: Serve as is for a low carb meal or over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious, fast, and tasty! Different than other stir fries I've tried. I did not know what Char Siu Sauce was and was happy to find a recipe for it posted by DrGaellon on Food.com. It was quick and easy to stir up and I was able to have dinner on the table in a flash. Thanks for broadening my culinary horizons. This was wonderful!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>