Champion Chicken Parmesan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, packed without oil (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups hot cooked linguine (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
- To prepare tomato sauce, combine sun-dried tomatoes and water in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop tomatoes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 7 minutes. Stir in canned tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, basil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare chicken, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow dish. Place each breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip each breast half in egg white; dredge in flour mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Arrange in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Serve over linguine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There was good and bad to this recipe. First the good. The chicken is great and I will continue to make this way. It has a light crisp coating without being greasy or heavy. Perfect in my opinion. The sauce however we felt was too heavy on the red pepper and we did not enjoy it. In the future when I make chicken parm, I will make the chicken using this recipe and my regular spaghetti sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a wife, mother and nurse. I have 2 boys born in 2002 and 2003. I love to cook and try to make something new at least once a week.The picture is my little boy Luke taking pictures of his dinner like mommy. I have really enjoyed posting pictures and will try to improve and do it more often. <br /><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/LukeSamDad.jpg/IMG alt= /> <img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/engagementpicture.jpg/IMG alt= /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/FinishedJollyRoger_1.jpg border=0 alt=Image /> <br />[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg[/IMG] <br /><br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></a> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p>