Champagne-Battered Chicken Nuggets
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne
- 1 1⁄2 chopped boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon herbed salt
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped parsley
For the Chicken Nuggets:
- In a bowl, add the egg, garlic powder, black pepper, flour, and champagne; whisk thoroughly.
- Season cubes of chicken with herbed salt.
- Coat the chicken nuggets in the champagne batter.
- Cook the nuggets in hot oil, drain/cool.
- Place the nuggets in a serving container i.e. little tin buckets.
- Garnish with parsley.
For the Aioli Sauce:
- Combine, in a small bowl, champagne vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, and egg yolk.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Add salt and whisk more.
Easy, delicious batter. Fast cooking if you use a deep fryer. If you don't have herb salt I recommend a mix of tarragon, rosemary and salt. I prefer making aioli with a whole egg, it comes out thicker, easier. I whisked the hell outta the recipe given but it came out a little thin and separated. Salvaged by dropping on top of another whole egg, adding a little more oil, and using hand blender.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!