photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced (any color)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped (hot or mild, your choice)
- 4 eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, bell peppers, and garlic; cook and stir until the vegetables have softened and the onion has turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, cumin, paprika, salt, and chile pepper into a bowl and mix briefly. Pour the tomato mixture into the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the tomato juices have cooked off, about 10 minutes. Make four indentations in the tomato mixture for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the indentations. Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook until they're firm but not dry, about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This site used to be awesome. It was at the top of its game when it was called Recipezaar, but that was many years ago. The site was purchased by Scripps and belly-flopped into mediocrity. A few of the faithful members remained, hoping to wait out the storm of corporate nonsense. But alas, it never got better and just continued on its terminal path to nothingness. So most of the loyal members have vanished and made homes at better recipe sites.