Chai Chocolate Chip Biscotti
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
30 biscotti slices
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup chai tea, strongly brewed, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (I'll use almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, all the spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the tea, egg, egg white, milk and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
- On a baking sheet coated with cook spray shape each half into a 10x2-inch rectangle.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place pans on wire racks.
- When baked dough is cool enough to handle transfer to a cutting board and using a serrated knife cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place cut side down on the baking sheets (lightly coated again with spray).
- Bake an additional 6-9 minutes on EACH SIDE until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a wonderful biscotti! I've never made biscotti before and with this easy-to-follow recipe they came out perfectly! The dough was much stickier than I thought it would be but I just floured my hands to form the dough for the first baking so it wasn't a problem. The chai flavor really comes out in these and it's very nice with the chocolate. This is a keeper - thanks for sharing the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>