Cha Traop Dot (Cambodian Eggplant/Pork Stir-Fry)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 lbs eggplants (3 large)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves (smashed and coarsely chopped)
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp (shelled, deveined and finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prick eggplants with a fork, then put on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes (or until soft). Allow to cool slightly, then peel and discard the skins. Mash the flesh with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic until golden (about 10 seconds). Stir in the pork and shrimp, breaking up any clumps.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar and ground pepper. When well mixed, add the eggplant and continue stir-frying until warmed through (about 3 minutes). Add the scallions, stir well, and remove from heat and serve over rice (or not!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I live in Cambridge MA with our dog Archie. <br /> <br />I used to be a mediocre cook, with little interest in cooking ... then I joined Weight Watchers in Oct. 2006. I finally realized that to maintain my weight, I needed to find lots of extremely yummy, healthy foods that I enjoyed eating -- and the best way to do that is to learn to cook, and to learn to enjoy cooking. This web site has been 95% responsible for getting me there! <br /> <br />As of Oct. 2007, I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, having lost 70 pounds and weighing less than I've ever weighed as an adult. I owe a lot of it to the recipes I've found here! <br /> <br />Re: rating recipes -- I only give out five and four stars, and very occasionally three stars. I don't see any point in giving lower scores; I can't be sure a recipe has turned out badly because of something I've done. Besides, even if I don't like it, the next person might -- and if they see a one-star review, they'll never bother to try it. So I review the ones I've loved, and don't say anything about the ones that didn't work for me. <br /> <br />Hooray for vegetables! <br /> <br />. <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>