Ceviche With Cabbage
- Ready In:
- 1 head green cabbage, shreaded
- 6 small English cucumbers, shreaded
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, shreaded (for those of us who are spice challenged, otherwise a jalapeno or two to taste)
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed and mashed with 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 large limes, juice of
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (tuna, crab or whitefish may be added instead of or in addtion to the shrimp)
- In 13"x9" casserole add prepared veges and fruits, add lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimp in boiling water for 1-2 minute and then immerse in ice water. Chop shrimp and stir into the above ingredients.
- This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Serve as is or eat with corn chips or tostadas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single Mom of 16yr.old boy/girl twins. Baking bread is one of my favorite things to do. I love to surprise friends and family with bakery that I have made. I also enjoy trying different ethnic recipes. Due to a desire to improve my health, I will be trying out many recipes for raw foods. Not many raw recipes on this site but I hope to be able to add to the collection as I check them out.