Ceviche on the Quick and Cheap
photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (you can use a bottle, or the juice of about 5 key limes)
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1⁄4 large white onion
- 1⁄4 small red onion
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper (or to taste)
- Drain the tuna and put it in a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice. 1/2 cup is an approximation. Basically, it should cover as much of the tuna as possible, but the tuna should not be swimming in it. You can stir every once in a while to make sure all the fish has the chance to get "cooked" in the lime juice.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno (leave the seeds in for more heat), and add them to the bowl. Stir.
- Let it all marinate for 10 minutes or so, stirring every once in a while.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live and work in Brooklyn, NY. I am getting married in a few months to The Boy, who's a wizard in the kitchen. As a result, I now have an incentive to expand beyond my midwestern roots which seem to dictate that everything I cook involves tunafish, noodles, scrambled eggs, cheese, or peanut butter. Mmmm, peanut butter. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">