Ceviche Mixto Del Mar (Cubano)
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 lb large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2⁄3 lb scallops, quartered
- 2⁄3 lb salmon, skinned and pin-boned
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 large oranges or 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- popcorn, seasoned with chilli, cumin and salt
- 1. Boil water. Blanch prawns for 30 seconds then transfer to ice water immediately. Drain.
- 2. Combine all seafood with tomato, mango, onion and chilli in a large bowl and cover with lime and orange juice. Toss gently and ensure all seafood is submerged in juices.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4. Drain seafood and discard marinate.
- 5. Add coriander, sugar and orange/grapefruit, season to taste.
- 6. Spoon into serving bowls and top with coriander. Pass popcorn separately.
- Note: I used Moreton Bay bugs instead of the salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!