Celery Leaf Pesto
photo by Sarah C.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves, tightly packed (choose the tender leaves)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Chop the pine nuts, garlic, parsley, celery leaves,and salt together in a food processor until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add the cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest, mixing well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt.
- If you like your pesto less lemony, I recommend adding the lemon juice a little at a time until just right.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
If the comments say My kids loved it! then I will probably think it's bland or otherwise yucky... so I don't make recipes that have a lot of My kids loved it! comments.