This goes with the spicy breakfast bake. But it sounds good enough to serve with just about any breakfast dish. This was made by Emeril Lagasse on Good Morning America this morning. It looks sooo good, i can't wait to try it.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan.
- Lightly coat the rack with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the brown sugar and cayenne in a shallow dish, and mix well.
- Press one side of each slice of bacon firmly into the spiced sugar to coat.
- Arrange the slices of bacon on top of the broiler rack in a single layer, sugared-side up.
- If there is any sugar remaining in the dish, sprinkle it evenly on top of the bacon.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.
- (Can be made several hours in advance.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation