Caviar De Courgettes - Zucchini Caviar
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- Cut the courgettes into 1/2" thick slices.
- Cook them in simmering salted water for 15 minutes.
- During this time, take the pips out of the olives, and chop them up with the onions, garlic, mint, basil and parsley.
- Drain the courgettes as soon as they are soft and mashable.
- Blend the herb/onion mixture with the courgettes.
- Let cool. When it's cool, whizz it up in a processor, or press it through a food mill.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and the thyme.
- Salt and pepper this, according to your own taste, but making sure there is enough of this seasoning to bring out the flavor of the food.
- At the last minute, add the liquid creme fraiche, using a whisk to blend and get the right consistency (spreadable - dippable).
- Keep this cool and serve with toast fingers or sliced French bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /></a><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg alt=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg /></p>