Cavatelli and Broccoli or Asparagus (Buddy Valastro)
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- Blanch broccoli or asparagus for 2 minutes, plunge in ice water.
- In same boiling water you cooked vegetables in, cook pasta.
- Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and cook til light brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetables to the oil mixture.
- Add drained pasta to the oil/veg mixture.
- Toss to coat and grate fresh parmesan cheese over top.
- Can add a cooked and diced chicken breast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have two teenage children and am very happily married. We live in Southern, Ontario. <br /><br />I live to cook and just love to putter around the kitchen. I enjoy reading all kinds of cookbooks which I borrow from the library or buy second hand. I really like Taste of Home magazine, because the recipes are from ordinary people and aren't too complicated. I also like to read community or church cookbooks because you know that the recipe must be special for someone to share it. <br /><br />I discovered RecipeZaar because it was mentioned by someone in a cooking magazine...now I am hooked. I think it is so helpful to read the reviews and suggestions from others who have tried recipes before me. <br /><br />I always thought of myself as a pretty good cook, but I am learning so much since I have joined RecipeZaar. I really appreciate the ideas and feed back that everyone provides.</p> 114172283"