Cavatappi With Vodka Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta by following package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add in tomato sauce; simmer, partially covered, 8 minutes or until thick.
- Combine flour and water, stirring with a whisk until smooth; add flour mixture to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add in half-and-half, milk, vodka, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in cheese; decrease heat to low; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
- Add in pasta; toss to coat; sprinkle with basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note