- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Mash the potatoes. Allow potatoes to cool until they are comfortable to handle.
- Mix the potatoes with the peppers, salt and juice from half a lemon. Knead until it forms a smooth paste. If the potatoes don’t stick together well, add a trickle of vegetable oil and continue kneading until it sticks.
- In a separate container, season the onion with salt and juice from half a lemon.
- In another container, shred the chicken and mix it with half the mayonnaise.
- Separate the potato and chili mixture into portions. For a simple presentation, form into a flat mound on a salad plate. For a more elaborate causa, use a round metal spring mold (or a soup can with both ends cut out).
- Cover with a layer of the onion mixture.
- Cover with a layer of the the chicken.
- (For simple presentation, use one layer of each component. For elaborate presentation, use multiple thinner layers, ending with potato on the top.).
- Chill before serving. Garnish with the rest of the mayonnaise, lettuce, olives or parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The picanço-barreteiro (woodland shrike) is the Portguese Society for the Study of Birds "bird of the year" for 2009. ======================================= <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/zwtbanner-small-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif">