MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the "moosewood restaurant cooks at home" and I decided to post it since it was such a big hit with my husband who usually avoids cauliflower. Serve with egg noodles or spatzle.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pan, saute the onions and peppers in oil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, sherry and water.
- Cook on high for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and pinch of salt.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the florets and simmer until the cauliflower is tender but still firm- about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the paprikash and keep warm until ready to serve but do not allow it to simmer or it may curdle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more