Cauliflower " Hash Browns "
This recipe comes from a Food Network show, I've changed it somewhat to use less ingredients but still retain the flavor. You MUST use an iron skillet.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Slice the cauliflower lengthwise, about 1/8-inch thick. (save the little cauliflower "crumbs")
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, but not smoking, add the cauliflower slices, spreading out into a single layer.
- Do not stir, but let the vegetables cook, undisturbed, until nicely browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, reserved cauliflower crumbs, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and give the vegetables a gentle stir.
- Continue cooking, only stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are cooked through and nicely browned, about 5 minutes more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more