My father-in-law's all time favourite vegetable. I have to make it just about every time they come for dinner. You can make this ahead of time and pop it in the oven just before you need it.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese (, I use cheddar if I don't have swiss on hand)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Butter a shallow baking dish (8" dish will do).
- Break cauliflower into bite size pieces and cook for about 10 minutes or til still slightly firm.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic& cook over med-low heat, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or til cheese is melted and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation