Cauliflower Delight Casserole
photo by justcallmejulie
- Ready In:
- Separate cauliflower into small florets and steam over boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in an 8" square baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan, then stir in flour for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and simmer, whisking until thick for about 8 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, dry mustard, salt and pepper until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan and parsley and sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 400° until bubbly and golden, about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was quite good. When I looked at the small amount of space my large head of cauliflower took up in the 8x8 dish, I decided to cut the sauce in 1/2. I considered it a large head, but that's not Marie's fault... I also took a liberty and used more cheddar cheese on top, rather than parmesan, as that is what the children prefer. Thanks Marie, it was simple and easy to prepare.