Cauliflower Curry With Chicken
This is a lovely curry. Enjoy! Very nice with rice and raita. You can also replace the chicken with cubed potato.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 head cauliflower (trimmed into 1/2 inch thick florets)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 -6 canned plum tomatoes with liquid
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb cubed boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet on high.
- Lower heat and add onion, ginger, garlic, and cayenne and cook until it begins to brown (5 min).
- Add the cumin seeds and curry. Cook briefly (30 seconds).
- Add cauliflower and cook for about one minute over high heat.
- Cut up the tomatoes add them with the juice, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cover and turn heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the chicken. Stir and cover for about 8 more minutes.
- **If the sauce starts drying out, add some more water.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more