Catie's Chicken Enciladas
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless OR
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, medium chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (not reduced fat!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 mild green chilies, whole, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- flour tortilla (8-10)
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- sour cream
- refried beans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken until cooked, dice into small chuncks or brown ground beef. Or make chicken ahead in crock pot with 1 can chicken broth and 1 packet Ortega taco seasoning.
- Heat bell pepper, water, chili powder, oregano, cumin, chilies, garlic and tomato sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Pour in ungreased pie plate and let cool to touch.
- Cook chicken in large skillet over meium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, untill brown. Stir in onion, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and ground pepper.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Place in rectangular baking diah. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato, guacamole, sour cream, salsa. Serve with refried beans, spanish rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!