Catfish Sandwiches With Creole Mayonnaise
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves (curly leaf)
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with cajun seasoning. Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn over and cook another 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan.
- Place buns, cut sides down, in pan; cook 1 minute or until toasted. Remove from pan.
- Combine mayonnaise, shallots, mustard, and juice, stirring well.
- On the bottom half of each bun place lettuce; top each with one fish fillet and one tomato slice.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons relish on top of each tomato. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over cut side of each top half of buns; place on top of each sandwich.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
From a novice fish-cooker who is trying to get more fish in her family's diet, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! DH, who HATES any fish that isn't sushi, said he really liked this! :) I really liked this, and DD who loves fish liked it, too, so it's good for people leery of fish and who already love it. I used my non-stick frypan (I don't have a grill pan), and will probably lightly rub in some oil to the fish, because it still stuck quite a bit. Also I need to remember to not give DS3 the mayo, as he said it was "too hot" - though I thought it was great. :) And whole wheat hamburger buns were good, but I bet french rolls would be even better! Thank you again, I will be making this again and again. MAde for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.