Catalina Pot Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the archives of the Kraft test kitchens. I have not tried it out yet but it sure sounds tasty!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 35mins
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast or 3 -4 lbs boneless round roast
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle kraft catalina French dressing
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 small onions
- 8 small potatoes
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Brown the roast in 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Add the remaining dressing and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and simmer for two (2) hours and fifteen (15) minutes.
- Add the onions, potatoes and olives and continue simmering for 45 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan, leaving the hot liquid.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of water to the flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour/water mixture to the hot liquid in the pan, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer three (3) more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve the gravy with the roast and vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION