Cassia Bud Sweet Pickles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 quarts pickling cucumbers
- 7 1⁄3 cups vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cassia, seed (cinnamon buds)
- Cut unpeeled medium cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- Simmer cucumber slices with 4 cups vinegar, salt, mustard seed and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cover until partially tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Place cucumber slices in hot sterilized jars.
- Boil together remaining 3 1/2 cups vinegar, 5 3/4 cups sugar, celery seed and cassia seed.
- Boil until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Pour immediately over cucumbers.
- Seal immediately.
- I process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!