Cashew Sour Cream - Non-Dairy Sour Cream Alternative/Substitute
It blew my mind how much this tasted like regular sour cream! Yes, it's vegan, pareve, non-dairy and raw... But it's creamy as can be, and you can use it in any recipe that calls for sour cream. My lactose intolerant friend who hadn't eaten sour cream in years was in heaven when I served this to her. It refrigerates well. Try it on black bean soup, burritos, nachos, or tamales. You can also use it to cool down spicy recipes, or put a dab of it on borscht (beet soup).
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 cup raw cashews (must not be roasted or salted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- Cover cashews with water and soak for a few hours, or overnight.
- Pour off all water, and place nuts in food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup cold water, salt, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Puree for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy in consistency.
- Use in any recipe that calls for sour cream.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.