photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place the cut up chicken in a plastic bag with the baking soda; close it up and squish the chicken around until it's coated with the baking soda.
- Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse baking soda off chicken and pat dry.
- Rinse out plastic bag and add the marinade ingredients; add the chicken and allow it marinate for another 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set them aside.
- Place 1 T of vegetable oil in wok or skillet, add chicken.
- Stir fry until chicken is mostly cooked, but not quite.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the second tablespoon of oil to the same pan, and add the vegetables and cashews.
- Stir fry for about 2 minutes, then add the chicken back into the pan.
- Cook for another 2 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the sauce and cook just until sauce is warmed through.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!