Casbah Chicken & Couscous - Pampered Chef
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons moroccan seasoning, divided, a rub
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, blanched (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large mango (about 1 lb)
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous, uncooked, plain (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces with Utility Knife. Combine chicken, 1 tbsp of the rub and ½ tsp of the salt in Classic Batter Bowl; toss to coat using Master Scraper.
- If using, place almonds into (12-inch) Skillet; cook over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove nuts from Skillet using Square Slotted Spoon; set aside. Add oil to Skillet; heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to Skillet in a single layer. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center; remove chicken from Skillet and keep warm.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine broth, water, remaining 1 tbsp rub and remaining ½ tsp salt. Slice onion lengthwise into thin wedges using Santoku Knife; add to Skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and beginning to caramelize, stirring occasionally. Add broth mixture; bring to a simmer. Stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of Skillet.
- Slice mango into thin wedges (see Cook’s Tip). Stir mango, couscous and chicken into broth mixture. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Toss cilantro into couscous with almonds and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Tips: To slice mango into wedges, cut off top and bottom of fruit. Peel using Serrated Peeler. Slice along both sides of the flat pit to remove the flesh. Trim remaining flesh from the edges of the pit. Cut the flesh into thin wedges. Curry powder can be substituted for the Moroccan Rub, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!