Carrots and Parsnips
This is from an old friend. It is a lovely looking side dish and it dresses up a plate beautifully.
- Ready In:
- 2 carrots, pared and in 2-inch sticks
- 2 parsnips, pared and in 2-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Microwave carrots, parsnips and orange juice on high uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add butter, sugar, salt and pepper and cover and microwave for 5-7 minutes on high.
- Let stand 2 minutes and then stir in parsley and almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sept 28/09 Very good! Made to go with our steaks, a lovely compliment to them. I did make one small change, I left out the sugar, the carrots and parsnips were young and sweet and had enough sweetness of their own. The orange juice gave a lovely flavour and the almunds a lovely crunch. Thanks for posting I will make these again and often. April 20/10 - made again for supper tonight, this has become our favourite way to serve carrots and parsnips, very good and easy too.Reply
This recipe is a winner. I don't microwave so I adapted it - I steamed the carrots & parsnips for 4 minutes, placed them in a caserole dish, poured 4 tbsp of fresh squeezed orange juice over them - No butter or sugar and let them sit for 3 hours. 20 minutes before dinner I put them in a 350 oven loosely covered for 20 minutes. Piping hot and delicious. Served with Shoarma pork, asparagus & garlic noodles - A wonderful dinner thanks.Reply
see 7 more