This is a recipe I got from my mother that everyone in the family loves. Batter can be made a few hours in advance, but do not cook until ready to serve as the souffle will fall slightly after removing from the oven and doesn't reheat well (it tastes fine the next day...just isn't as pretty). I'm guessing on the number of servings & prep time.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces carrot baby food (2 jars junior "or" Stage 3, do NOT use fresh carrots)
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugar in a mixmaster.
- Add beaten egg.
- Add carrots. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to carrot mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a very well greased ring mold.
- Turn over onto a serving platter and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was festive! It was also very quick to prepare. Made for Make it Healthier game; since I'm an organic cook, the only changes I made is that I used organic carrot baby food, organic shortening (no trans fats), an organic egg, and organic all-purpose flour. I followed this recipe to the letter, and although I made organic substitutes, it still turned out more muffiny than souffle, so I think the leftovers will be very appetizing tomorrow. If not, I'll get back to you! Thanks, Karen!Reply