I've tried many variations of carrot muffins, and these are by far the best! They aren't too sweet, they have the perfect amount of carrots in them, they stay moist, and they're good for you!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Beat egg lightly in large bowl.
- Add orange juice, margarine, and sugar, beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir into egg mixture, mix only till moistened.
- Gently fold in shredded carrots (I shred the carrots in my food processor).
- Spoon into well greased muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These muffins came out doughy the 2 batches I've made. Now, I made a few changes to this recipe (used only all-purpose flour, ADDED 1 tsp vanilla, and ADDED 1 tsp orange zest), so I'm not sure if my changes are the reason for the doughiness. But I followed the baking time & temperature for the 1st batch, and they had great flavor but were doughy inside. I even baked the 2nd batch for about 5 minutes longer at 375. The 3rd batch, I added 1/2 cup of flour and baked for 24 minutes at 350. The outside of the muffins look dry and toothpick comes out clean, HOWEVER, the inside looks underbaked and has a doughy texture. HELP!!!!!