Carrot Greens Pesto
When you grow carrots or get them from the farmers market, there are always leftover greens. Since I like total utilization, I make this pesto with the greens. The ratio of carrot greens to basil can be adjusted to accommodate the amount you have on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup packed carrot greens
- 1⁄4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse garlic and nuts in a food processor until a coarse paste forms.
- Add carrot greens, basil and Parmesan; process until a coarse puree forms.
- Add enough olive oil to make the paste smooth; season with salt and pepper.