Carrot Cake (With Splenda)
- Ready In:
- 7⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3⁄8 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- 2. In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- 3. In large bowl beat Splenda, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- 4. Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren. All bring me great joy. ( especially now that my children have children and are getting their paybacks!! ) I've always been told that you only go thru life once..and that if you do it right once is enough. Well, I musta done something wrong!! (Heart transplant recipient.....October 13,1998 ) I'm getting a second chance at life! Thank you to all of you that have signed your donor cards.