Carrot and Spinach Slice
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch silver beet or 1 bunch spinach
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (35 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup self raising flour
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup extra grated tasty cheese
- Pre heat oven 180c.
- Wash silver beet then remove white stalks.(an easy way to do this is to hold the stalk in one hand and with the other hand pull away the green leaf).
- Cut silver beet leaves into thin strips.
- Microwave in a little water for 3 minutes.
- Drain really well by pushing out as much water as possible from silver beet and leave to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and egg whites as well.
- Add dry soup mix, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup tasty cheese and combine well.
- Add in grated carrots, diced onion and spinach mix.
- Stir in flour until combined well.
- Pepper to taste.
- Coat a quiche dish with cooking spray then spread mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle extra cheese over the top and bake in oven 45 minutes or until browned and centre is firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Im a busy mum of three well four if you include my husband! Lol... I really enjoy cooking :) Main meals are my favourite, and i enjoy all types of food!! My girlfriend and i have made Mondays "Baking Day" where we bake together at her house and i really enjoy this experience of making new and yummy things to try as well as spending time with my best mate. I look forward to putting some of my own recipes up on this site and hope you will enjoy them as much i do.