Carrot and Peanut Butter Cupcakes for Dogs
A yummy cupcake recipe for your fur baby. You can use any type of dog-friendly fruit for the garnish. I like to use a banana slice, cube of apple, or blueberry. You can also garnish with a small dog treat.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- fruit, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, eggs, and applesauce.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon, oats, and flour.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- If you feel the mixture is too dry, add 1 - 2 tablespoons water.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frost each muffin with a light swirl of peanut butter and top with fruit garnish of your choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made mini muffins for my large English pointer and she absolutely loved them. I added 2 more tablespoons of apple sauce to make the mixture most moist and then packed them into the baking pan so they wouldn't crumble. I then baked them for 20 minutes and let them cool in the pan. I would definitely suggest mini muffins over the regular muffins because they are more manageable. This recipe made almost 60 mini muffins.Reply