Carrot and Golden Raisin (Sultana) Salad
I came up with this as a side for a fish curry we ate last night. I have a hand held tool that shreds carrots in long strips. You could just grate the carrot if you don't have the same. I'm in a remote area so used dried mint, feel free to use fresh as I would if I could get it!
- Ready In:
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together then toss through the carrots and refrigerate about half an hour to let the flavours come together.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #79*This was REALLY good ! This was my mom's favorite salad in the 50's -- only made w/carrots, raisins, and Miracle Whip ---I hated it !! The seasonings were just perfect, even though I had to use ginger in a squeeze tube --- gave a nice zingy, zip ! I'll be serving ths often. Thanks for posting, Jan !
Easy, tasty and no oil is a bonus. We really enjoyed this salad tonight- made exactly as written. Use a Borner hand rosti shredder to grate the carrots and actually found some golden raisins to add (really they looked like overgrown sultanas). I used fresh mint too. Served with some skinless, boneless chicken breast pieces that I sprinkled with ground cumin before pan-cooking. Photo also to be posted