Carrie's Yummy Skillet Fried Cabbage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was our Granny Carrie's favorite dish. We sure miss going over to her house for this comforting feast but we are so glad she wrote it down for us in her memory cookbooks.
- Ready In:
- Cut and core cabbage. Cut cabbage like you.
- would for coleslaw.
- Rinse cabbage. Cut onion into thin slices.
- While cabbage is draining cook bacon, leaving the fat in the skillet, reserve bacon to a dish . Layer cabbage, onion, salt,pepper, sugar(to help caramelize cabbage), and butter until all of the cabbage is in the pan.
- Cook under med to low heat until cabbage begins to.
- shrink. Every 5-10 minutes, stir cabbage.
- When cabbage has shrunk, turn heat up to high and fry.
- Cabbage will caramelize a little, that is ok.
- Crumble reserved bacon on top Serve hot!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION