Carrabba's Italian Grill Sogno Di Cioccolata (Chocolate Dream)
photo by Bea M.
- Ready In:
- Prepare brownie mix according to box instructions, using the two egg-recipe and substituting milk for the water.
- Line two 9-inch square baking pans with either parchment paper or wax paper. Spray bottoms with non-stick cooking spray. Pour equal amounts of batter into each pan.
- Bake - either in a convection oven at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes, or in a standard oven for about 24-26 minutes. (The convection oven is preferred - it makes a chewier brownie). Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT: Do not overbake!
- Allow to cool completely.
- Set one brownie pan aside; invert other pan and remove brownie in one piece; return to pan upside down; remove parchment paper.
- Brush the brownie evenly with ½ of the Kahlua; then top with ½ of the mousse, spreading it evenly over the brownie. Spread ½ of the whipped cream over the mousse.
- Remove second brownie from pan; brush with remaining Kahlua; place it on top of other brownie; spread remaining mousse evenly over the top; spread remaining whipped cream over the mousse.
- Sprinkle top evenly with chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I hope you've had the chance to make this, Lazyme, because it's wonderful! I used Ghiradelli brownie mix (and threw in about a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips), then used Sandra Silver's "chocolate mousse" (you can find here), and topped it with "Jeni's chocolate ganache" (also available here). I could've gone all out and made whipped cream while I was at it, but laziness struck so I used the Cool Whip and it was still better than Carrabba's.