Carrabba's Italian Grill Polo Hilario (Copycat)
- Ready In:
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, and butterflied
- 2 slices red bell peppers, roasted
- 2 slices zucchini, grilled
- 2 1⁄2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (i.e. caprino or chevre)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- black pepper, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Cover one-half of each breast section with one slice of roasted pepper, one slice of zucchini and a dab of goat cheese. Fold empty chicken breast half flap over the dressed chicken breast half; dust with kosher salt and black and white pepper. Grill to desired temperature.
- In 2 tablespoons butter, saute mushrooms and onions until softened. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth; simmer approximately 10 minutes on medium-low heat to reduce.
- A little at a time, add remaining 2 tablespoon butter until butter melts and mixture emulsifies. Place chicken in Marsala wine sauce; heat through. Top with tomatoes and fresh parsley. Serve with pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.