Carolyn's Spicy Cheese Cookies
My mom used to make these for the holidays. They go well with cocktails or anytime you want a savory crisp cookie. The puffed rice cereal give these cookies their crunch. Adjust the cayenne pepper to your liking. Wash those hands thoroughly, because the dough is mixed by hand! Have fun!
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- Using hands, cream butter and cheese.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Form small balls and flatten with fork on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.