Carolina's Buttermilk Biscuits
photo by Aunt Jacey
- Ready In:
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- With a pastry blender, cut cold butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs (sort of like fresh bread crumbs).
- Stir buttermilk into beaten egg and add mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir quickly, until dough forms a soft ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5 or 6 times.
- Let dough rest for a minute, then roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits, 1 inch apart, on baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!