Carolina Macaroni Salad
photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 sweet gherkin, chopped
- black pepper
- Boil the macaroni, drain thoroughly.
- To the macaroni add the butter, milk and cheese packet mixing well.
- Add the Miracle Whip, eggs, pepper, onion, sweet pickles and black pepper; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! Using packaged mac and cheese makes this yummy macaroni salad quick and easy to make. The bell pepper, onion, and sweet pickle really add to the flavor of this salad. We like our macaroni salad a little on the sweeter side, so I added some sweet pickle juice along with the sweet pickle. This salad will be a regular at my house. **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing.