photo by Mommyof2girls_40169
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (I prefer country crock)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups oatmeal (use the one minute oatmeal)
- Combine sugar, cocoa, margarine and milk in saucepan over medium heat (I always go a notch over medium-but do not do med/high or it will burn).
- Once it comes to a rapid boil, boil for 3 minutes EXACTLY.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and oatmeal (SEE Tip#2).
- Spoon drop on wax paper and let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Tip#1: have all ingredients measured out before you start.
- Tip#2: sometimes weather can effect the outcome. It may require less or more oatmeal -- add oatmeal a little at a time till you get the right consistency-not to runny and not too thick.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!