No added sugar/sweetener and high levels of nutrition make these easy and quick to make sweets one of my favorites. They come really handy when you have guests dropping by and you're short on time!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 3/4 cup cashews or 3/4 cup peanuts
- 1 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup carob powder
- 1⁄2 vanilla beans or 1/2 few drops vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until you get a smooth and somewhat sticky mixture.
- Check and see if it needs a spoonful of water to hold together, and if you don’t think it’s sweet enough, then add some of your favorite sweetener.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and using your palms, roll into bite size balls, or press the balls flat into cookies, or use molds if you want them to be a certain shape.
- Decorate them with nuts or seeds or dried fruit. I placed a goji berry on top of each piece. Enjoy! : ).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm giving it 5 stars instead of the 4 stars my result was worth, because my blender really is something cheap that has so little power it only really chops vegetables (not the hardest ones please). Nuts are too damn hard and small for it, so next time I'll try putting them in my spice grinder a little before adding them to the rest of the ingredients. (Edit : I did and it worked!)<br/><br/>The 5 stars are for being so easy, quick, cheap, nutritious, flavourful and versatile! I think I'm gonna make some tests and come up with a personal, more breakfast and less treat-like version. Thanks a lot for this recipe!Reply